Tuesday, June 13, 2017

The Missing Earring: Part 4

The next day, I told Andy about my dream and she gave me a I-told-you-so look. As we were eating breakfast, we spot someone familiar. I whisper to Andy, ‘’Andy, look, it’s that guy from my dream, the same guy we had questioned yesterday.’’
‘’Well come on then, let’s go tail him,’’ said Andy.
So Andy and I observe that guy and follow him as he gets up from his seat, all the way from the lift to his room. I found out that his room is next to ours on the same floor we’re in.
‘’Oh, brother,’’ I sighed.
Andy and I ended up trapped in this guy’s room.
‘’Oh no, we’re doomed!’’ Andy exclaimed.
The guy looks at us and smirks,’’ Well, well, well. We meet again.’’
‘’I’m Henry by the way,’’ he said grinning maliciously.
‘’I bet you’re wondering where your earrings and you think I stole them, did you?’’
‘’Well you know what,’’ Henry continues saying,’’You’re right, I did steal them.’’
‘’Why?’’ I asked.
‘’To make money,’’ he replied smugly.
‘’But sir, there are other ways to make money besides stealing other people’s possessions,’’ I said.
‘’Hey, don’t tell me how to do my job, lady!’’ he snarled,’’I do rob people for a living you know.’’
‘’You’re sick!’’ I shouted angrily.
Henry laughed evily, takes out a gun from his pocket and points it at Andy. Andy and I gasp.
‘’No, please don’t hurt her,’’ I  sobbed.
‘’Don’t worry, I won’t hurt your friend unless you cooperate and do as I tell you.’’
Hah, I’m not going to let this scumbag boss me around.
I kick him in the groin then try to take the gun from the guy’s hands, Henry tries to take it out of my reach but I’m stronger than him, so I succeed in taking the gun out of Henry’s hands and shoot him. Henry falls to the ground unconscious.
I just hope I didn’t kill him. I’ll call the police and tell them it was self-defense, which isn’t a complete lie. I did do it for self-defense but I also did it to protect Andy. I dialed 911 and told the dispatcher about what happened, the address of our hotel, and what Henry looked like.
Five minutes later, the police and ambulance came, since Henry has to be treated for his bullet wounds before he goes to jail. Thankfully, the police understood why I shot him and I wasn’t arrested.

Andy thanked me for saving her life. We hugged each other.
‘’I don’t know what I would do without you,’’ she said tearfully as she hugged me.
Andy and I went to this ice cream shop which was 10 minutes away from the hotel. I ordered chocolate ice cream and Andy ordered strawberry ice cream.
She smiled at me then said, ‘’ I have something for you. To show my appreciation for  your heroism, I want you to have this.’’  She takes out a red box then gives it to me. I open it to see my pearl earrings. I was astonished.
‘’What, Andy, how?’’
‘’As soon as you called the police, I decided to take a peak at this guy’s bag and I found your stolen earrings in there,’’ she said grinning at me.
‘’I guess you were right about him,’’ I said, ‘’we knew it was him as soon as we saw him I had a negative vibe about him, it turns out my instincts were right after all.’’

I was thrilled to have my earrings back. Andy and I embraced each other. I wouldn’t ask for a better friend than Andy. It was all thanks to her that I recovered my lost earrings. 

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment