Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Ramadan During Lockdown

This year, since everyone is at home during the pandemic, as before this lockdown happened, we muslims were keeping ourselves busy by attending gatherings, arranging gatherings, attending lectures, etc. However, the questions we ask ourselves is how have we spent our time? Did we learn anything useful? These questions will be answered in this post, as I am going to discuss how I spent my time, things that I have missed during Ramadan, things I did not miss, and things I have discovered about myself.

I spend my Ramadan, reflecting on myself, doing religious acts, such as reading Quran and praying salatul Layl, and doing a3mal in Layalatul Qadir. I have listened to   lectures online, on Usama Attar's tafsir on Suratul Mulk, about how to control ourselves, how we are created by Allah, freewill, etc. What I have learned so far, is that our actions have consequences. We have a choice on whether to obey Allah or disobey Allah. If we make good choices, we will go to Janah inshallah, if we make bad choices, such as hanging out with people who tempt you to do haram actions, such as smoking, drugs, alcohol, stealing, bullying,  disrespecting your parents, not wearing your hijab in the right way, behaving inappropriately with non-mahrams, etc, will result in going to jahanam, adubillah. Therefore, we need to think carefully of our actions and make good choices, by choosing your friends wisely, praying daily, respecting your parents, wearing your hijab in the right way, and behaving appropriately with non-mahrams.
I also spent my time with my family by watching a Kuwaiti series called 'Janat Hali', which I will talk in more detail in my next blog post inshallah. I also spent by reading Dua Iftitah.

The things that I missed during Ramadan is seeing my sister Khamael, and her daughter Zahra over Iftar, and attending lectures in centres. I do not miss gatherings,  as I mentioned in my previous post, large gatherings can be stressful. I prefer staying at home during Ramadan, and performing religious acts, and spending time with my family.

The things that I have discovered about myself, is that when I was listening to Usama Attar's lectures, during salah, sometimes my mind tends to wander, so I discovered that before salah, we can do istighfar, to keep ourselves focused.

Next blog post: Janat Hali Series Review

2 comments:

  1. Taqabal Allah.. Indeed , Ramadhan of th lockdown had a unique taste.

    ReplyDelete