Kidnappings happen in some parts of the world. Here are ways to keep yourself safe and avoid being an easy target:
* Avoid going out at night. If you must go out at night, always stick to well lit and populated areas. Avoid going to dark alleys or any isolated place where kidnapping occurs the most.
* Be confident and look confident. If you look nervous you're more likely are going to be an easy target.
* Avoid wearing any flashy clothing that draws attention to yourself.
* Avoid carrying any valuables; like purse, backpack or jewellery.
* There is safety in numbers. In other words you'll feel more safer if you go with someone you know and trust.
* Always know where you are going. If you are lost pretend that you do because if you look lost you'll make yourself an easy target.
* Don't shut yourself off from the rest of the world. Always be aware of your surroundings. Don't daydream, look at your iphone, talk on the phone or do anything that makes you unaware of your surroundings. Kidnappers will think that you will be easy to sneak on.
If you read and follow all these points then you'll be safe.